The Dog Days of Summer Sale
Three Great Books, Three Great Ladies, Three Single Bucks!
Little girls are vanishing from Deadwood, South Dakota. Fearing her daughter might be next, single mom, Violet Parker, is desperate to find the monster behind the abductions. With her savings dwindling and just three weeks left to sell her first house or lose her Realtor job, Violet is ecstatic when a handsome jeweler hires her to sell his century-old, Victorian masterpiece, until she sees the dilapidated dwelling. Now, if she could just convince her only buyer to stop rejecting vintage homes as if they’re haunted. Short on time and long on worry, she refuses to give up her dream of a fresh start in Deadwood. But with a malicious coworker trying to get her fired, a secret admirer sending her creepy messages, and a sexy stranger hiding skeletons in his closet, will Violet end up as one of Deadwood’s dearly departed?
- ‘I’m over forty. I don’t have a blankie. I have vodka.’
- Author note: this is not a book of advice, how-to, or self-help. She deconstructs stereotypes with satire. Totally different concept.
- ‘I write about men, women, sex, & chocolate. My experiences, my truth, my martinis.’
- *Note: Thompson employs hashtags (i.e., the # sign) in her collection. Google it. These are not typos, people #deargod.
- Looking for a humorous take on family relationships or love and romance? Look no further.