Around 1 a.m. UK time yesterday I was resigning myself to finishing up on 22 hours but thinking that would be great. But then I realised that the wrap up post was due by 3 p.m. the following day. I could still hit my 24 hour target! So I pushed and I made it.
My completed goals:
- Complete 24 hours: Done!
- Format 100 blog posts: Done! (well 87…)
- Tidy 100 images in Media Library: Done!
- Complete 5 mini challenges: Done!
My uncompleted, do-another-day goals:
- Pin 50 books from the book: To do all 50
- Tidy broken links: To do
I absolutely loved this event. There’s always so much going on that sometimes you just content yourself with getting your posts out. Actually prioritising some time to tidy up my blog has made me feel a lot better about it. Hopefully, I can be more proactive going forward and do a little tidying up each week.
I tell you something, though: the next Biannual Blogathon Bash? Count me in!
Mini challenges completed
Media library images tidied
Pinned book images
Things I learned
- You can set email alerts in your Google Calendar
- You can easily sync a Google Calendar to an iPhone
- PicMonkey makes fantastic photo collages
- There’s a great plugin for NoFollow links on self-hosted wordpress
- There are some brilliant blogger collectives and groups, such as Club Content and She Speaks
- TweetGrid is an alternative if you don’t want to use TweetChat
- There are great watermarking plugins for WordPress self-hosted
- There are amazingly supportive bloggers out there – well I already knew that but I’ve met so wonderful wonderful new people!