I found out about the Biannual Blogathon Bash (#blogathon2 if you’d like to follow on Twitter) had this idea that it would be fantastic to spend 24 hours over a 72 hour period working on the blog and getting through some of those things that constantly sit on the to-do list. Dave and I merged blogs last month but the problem with merging two blogs is you are bringing together two different formatting and structure styles. On top of that, we went for a complete redesign so everything was different.
Therefore, my to-do list has had one big heavy job weighing it down since then: reformat the posts. I don’t expect to get all 800 (yep, you read it right…) done this weekend but I’d like to make substantial headway.
Blogathon to do list
- Job number one: reformat at least 100 posts.
- Job number two: I was originally pinning the books I’d reviewed to Pinterest but I realised I need to go back and look at all the books I did before I started this process and do those too.
- Job number three: check for broken links. I recently found out about this amazing plugin that helps you detect broken links on your blog, so I intend to install it and fix any.
- The final job: tidy up my media library. Yes, I am one of those naughty people who upload images with silly names (like IMG76355.jpg) and can never find them again, so I will be fixing that.
I realise I probably couldn’t achieve everything in the full 72 hours, let alone 24, but I certainly intend to do as much as I can and I’ve tried to set a realistic goal for each ‘job’. Below you can see my progress bars.
Number of hours I’ve completed (out of 24)
Number of book images pinned (out of 50)
Number of posts formatted (out of 100)
Media library progress (out of 100)
Mini-challenge progress (out of 5)
Essentials at the ready?
The final thing I need to do before I begin is check off the essentials:
- Lots of chocolate? Check!
- Even more caffeine? Check!
- Understanding husband who knows I’m going to be glued to the laptop? Check
- Good bottle of red wine to toast each completed goal? Check
Good luck everyone!
Good luck to each and everyone taking part in the Biannual Blogathon Bash! Don’t forget to join in on Twitter (#blogathon2) and you can also complete my ‘Make Twitter Work For Your Blog’ mini-challenge if you’d like to! I hope you’ll leave a comment with a link back to your own Biannual Blogathon Bash post!